Basic MUST-HAVEs for your travel kit-
1. 2 copies of E-tickets, travel itinerary and a travel map for personal assistance.
2. Carry a pen and a small diary to jot down an address or a contact number or a brilliant idea that the journey might give you.
3. Bag locks (2 or more).
4. 1 Torchlight – for the offbeat places like Pangong where electricity supply is not available mostly after 10pm.
5. Hand Sanitizer + Hand Towel + Handkerchiefs.
6. Multi plug - very useful in such remote areas with limited power points.
7. Plastic zip lock bags/ plastic bags for used clothes.
8. Safety pins.
9. Couple of novels might enlighten the reader in you at such amazing places where you would camp.
10. A pair of slippers at the end of the day would make it very relaxing.
11. Few pair of socks (couple of woollen socks as well) + woollen hand gloves.
12. A pair of thermals + couple of jackets. A windcheater/ raincoat might prove very useful on certain dates.
13. Photo copy of identity proof (Driving License, PAN Card, Election Card). Foreigners are requested to bring Original Passport with a valid India Visa on it.
14. Sun goggles, Sun Cap, Lip Balm
15. Charger (for mobile, camera and other gadgets, if any)
16. It is advised to label your luggage so that it can be easily identified at all places.
17. A small handbag to carry snacks, camera, water bottle, ongoing medicine and other requirements during travelling.
Chocolates, candies, dry fruits, chewing gums, mouth freshner, water bottle, chips for travelling.
Must-have for a Camera Bag-
1. Carry your camera along with its bag.
2. Charger and the cable.
4. Camera Cleaning Kit.
5. Tripod and filters if you are a professional photographer on this tour for photography.
6. Extra camera battery, extra memory card and a remote release.
Must-have Toiletries and Hygienic Needs-
1. Tooth brush
2. Tooth paste
3. Hand wash or toilet soap
4. A small shampoo bottle or few shampoo sachets (as per your schedule).
5. Tissue papers
6. Face wash
7. Hair oil
9. Moisturising Cream/ Cold Cream
11. Lip Balm
12. Body Talc
14. Small Mirror
15. Feminine Hygiene (if necessary)
Must-have for Trekking-
1. A great pair of Trekking shoes
2. A wooden stick is required for grip for trekking.
3. Rain coat for rain protection
4. Caps or hats for cold protection
5. Water bottles are necessary in case of trekking
Must have for First Aid-
1. At least 5 ORS or ORS –L Tetra packs
2. Diamox tablets for altitude sickness/ acclimatization issues
3. Spray for pain relief
4. An antiseptic cream like betadine
5. An antiseptic solution like dettol or savlon
6. Pain killers like combiflaim or flexon
7. Crocin or paracetamol for mild fever
8. Avomine for prevention from motion sickness and vomiting
9. Digene / Eno for relief from indigestion or acidity or gastric issues
10. D-cold total or Vicks Action 500 for cold issues
11. Pudin Hara for stomach pains
12. Crepe bandage, in case of fracture
13. Cotton and dressing bandage
14. A pair of scissors
15. Eye tone
16. Nasivion for blocked nose
17. Ongoing regular medicines (if any)
1. Camphor had been the age old remedy for altitude sickness.
2. The best way to interact with the people of Ladakh is to greet them by saying “Jullay”. It means Hello/ Thank you/Bye.
3. ATM card machine of SBI, J&K and PNB are available at three places in the Leh market.
4. Help us maintain the fragile ecology and beauty of the place by bringing back personal garbage like pack lunch boxes, wafers, and mineral water bottles etc to your guesthouse, where it can be disposed in a dustbin.
5. Only Post paid connections of telecom firms work in J & K. Telephone & post facilities are available in Leh, Kargil, Srinagar and Nubra valley. Internet cafes are available in Leh, Kargil & Srinagar only.
6. Always put your shoes off before entering a monastery.
7. Take permission from the monks before taking photos inside the monasteries.
8. Avoid offerings sweets / tips etc to local children.
9. The meals at the accommodations are Buffet with mix of Veg & NonVeg dishes. In case of pure veg meals (No onion/no garlic) advance intimation is must.
10. Try out Butter Tea, Kashmiri Kaava, Leh berry juice and other local delicacies in the nearby restaurants in the Leh Market.
11. Always wear your smile, you will win many friends.
Source : https://www.alifetimetrip.com/checklist-for-Leh-ladakh-Tour/